VISIT THE OFFICIAL NORTH SHORE NAVIGATORS BLOG
HTTP://NSNAVS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jenna Macchi

The sports editor for The Heights, BC's student newspaper, wanted someone to do a feature article on Jenna Macchi - BC's best softball player, and sister of former Spirit star Brian Macchi. I jumped at the chance and will be interviewing her today. I'll be sure to ask what Big Mac is up to. He was always one of my favorite Spirit players.

The article will run on Monday - I'll post it here when it's up.

It's been a pretty crappy year for the BC softball team so far (1-8 if I remember correctly, and they haven't even gotten into the heart of the ACC schedule yet) but evidently Ms. Macchi is pretty good. I've never seen them play, but I'll probably make it to a few home games once they start playing up north. More than likely I will also cover a few of the games for The Heights.

Our baseball team is doing surprisingly well by their standards, 4-2 right now in the ACC including a win over a tough Georgia Tech team and a sweep of Duke. In non conference play they were an inning away from beating #1 Vanderbilt when the closer blew his 4th save in 5 opportunities - finally leading to him being replaced. Since then, the Eagles [6-8-1 overall] have improved. They'll need to really step it up this weekend - they have a big three-game ACC series @ #2 Florida State before having their home opening series against NC State, Mar. 30-Apr 2.

I do not want to be BC-centric so I will also give a little update on some other local teams:
Harvard Baseball: 2-2, first home game April 4th vs. HC
NU Baseball: 5-5, first home game Mar. 27 vs. Rhode Island
UMass Baseball: 2-5, first home game Mar. 27 vs. mighty Sacred Heart

I'm looking forward to the Baseball Beanpot. I'll probably be a little bit late, but I'll definitely try to come.

1 comment:

Brian P. Foley said...

Macchi's brother was coaching softball at Milford High School last I knew.